Monday, December 13, 2010

Almost Overwhelmed...

In the last 24 hours over 200 cookies or confections have come out of my oven. I've loved every second of it. From the planning to the timing to the actual execution--it's been a great day! So, what did I bake?

  • Chocolate Chip Cookies--traditional--for my husband's office party
  • German Chocolate Cakeballs--these will be finished tomorrow. Inspired by my co-worker Danielle and www.bakerella.com, these will be featured in my cookie exchange on Sunday
  • Pistachio Chocolate Chip Cookies--These are for the first annual HIDA bakeoff at my work on Thursday
  • Traditional HUGS&COOKIES--These are for my MOMS Club cookie exchange taking place on Wednesday
So, now for some photos...
Not much is more beautiful than butter and sugar in the bottom of a bowl...
While the cookie dough is in the fridge, Cakeballs....just crumbled cake and icing!
 Time to roll out the dough with my NEW rolling pin. Merry Christmas to me!
 Fresh from the oven...stars, mittens, and ornaments
 No, these are not wieners...they are Christmas lights.
 Even more shapes! I love the details on the snowflakes!
Go Tribe! I started with green and gold...
and here are my decorating sprinkles!
 Pistachio cookie batter
and the final cookies! There is pudding in the mix, so they keep their shape.
Before going to pick up the baby, it was a MUST that I cover everything up. If he were to  spot them, there would be no peace until he got one! Luckily, the towels worked and the cookies are still safe. One got mysteriously broken, though....and of course Hubby was there to eat the "mistake."
Here we are! My little HUG. He's not eating a cookie, it's actually an ornament from the tree (that of course ended up broken about 5 seconds later...)

Stay tuned! More cookies tomorrow including the dipped cakepops, final HUGS&COOKIES, and my super secret recipe toffee. I can't wait to share that story!

3 comments:

  1. The pistachio chocolate chip cookies look quite tasty; I'd have a hard time staying away from the dough and actually baking them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want some toffee!!!! Yours is the best EVER!

    ReplyDelete