Monday, May 9, 2011

Banana Bread, Take Two

I'm a little bit obsessed with making banana bread...and making it as healthy as possible. This morning I had an idea that was inspired by one of my very best friends who puts chocolate chips in her banana bread....so instead of chocolate chips, I just added 2 tsp of cocoa to the batter. Turns out it's not a world changing improvement, but I kind of like it.

So, here's what I did...

Instead of oil or butter, I used vanilla yogurt.
Cut the sugar from 1 cup to 1/2 cup and used brown instead of white
Used whole wheat flour instead of white
Added about 1/2 of wheat germ (I have no idea why/if this is healthy....I just know it's in my fridge and I use it in my granola recipe)
Added an extra banana

Here's the end result!


2 comments:

  1. It looks nutty, almost... like a banana nut bread... except no nuts. Looks yum. What did other voters think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If by "voters" you mean Emmett, he seems to like it. He calls it Nana cake.

    ReplyDelete