Tuesday, February 14, 2012

God Bless HUG#2...and Pinterest

Oh geez, I have been introduced to Pinterest. As if I didn't already have too much on my hands, now this angelic demon is giving me more craft ideas!

Can you believe that my baby HUG is 5 months old--OK, almost 6 months old?!?! She was baptized on February 4, 2012, and what better way to celebrate than with a batch of cookies! Not just any cookies, though, red and white swirl cookies crusted in sprinkles. They are perfect for this celebration, as well as Valentine's Day. Of course, I had help making these ones...almost too much help, though, as HUG#1 was obsessed with the rolling pin AND quality control checking the dough!

 

              

Luckily for me, I found some alone time to put everything together...but these cookies were a challenge! I had to use almost a whole pot of red food dye to get the cookies the right color...and then of course the sprinkles would not stick. With some advice from Grams (roll the dough in egg whites!), we got it all sorted out.

The cookies turned out just beautifully, if I do say so myself--and it's a good thing too, as I almost abandoned ship about three times (thanks to PAPA HUG for making me stick with it).

The baptism was a beautiful event with friends and family...and some pretty cute HUGS&COOKIES!



No comments:

Post a Comment