Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Cinnamon Rolls--with a twist!

Now that my oldest HUG is wanting to help out more and more in the kitchen, we find ourselves spending a lot of time in there. He understand the fact that the oven gets hot, one should not put hands into a mixer, and it's only OK to stick your hands in the batter when mommy has her back turned.

This weekend we had friends sleep over, so making breakfast was in order. I was not about to make homemade cinnamon rolls (one day I will, but for now, Pilsbury will have to do), but I did want to make them a little bit special....enter the waffle iron. Martha Stewart taught me that I can make chocolate chip cookies in the waffle iron, and now Pinterest tells me I can make cinnamon rolls in there too!! She's right! They came out a little bit crispier than I would have liked on the first try, but the second round was perfection--and they only take 2-1/2 minutes.

Waffle iron cinnamon rolls in 2-1/2 minutes!
HUG tested and approved!

1 comment: