Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Family Dinner

The Hubs made dinner...and I made pie. Our single male friends and my in-laws came over for a Sunday dinner.

My mission was dessert. With roasted veggies, pork chops and salad in the works, I decided to celebrate the warm weather (60 degrees in January!?) with key lime pie with a twist...of lemon. I made lemon and lime pie (lymon, if you remember Sprite commercials of olde). I got entangled in the age old battle all bakers face: when making a line dessert, food coloring or no food coloring? I decided to go for it...and go hard or go home right? Give me a break...I made my own graham cracker crust, AND meringue topper cookies, so I deserve to use as much green food coloring as I want!! The pie was delicious....dessert AND breakfast the next day!
Crust made from graham crackers I crumbled myself!
Lime zest
The green food coloring!!
Let's call it "aggressively green"
Meringue topper cookies...also a commercial for SIL-PAT, which I LOVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment