Monday, August 1, 2011

Baby Shower Season

For most of us, it's summer. In MY world, however, it's baby shower season! Babies are popping up left and right--and that means celebrations honoring their arrival are just as plentiful. Luckily for me, this also means that I get the honor of baking cookies for the brand new arrivals!

These particular cookies are for a friend who's mom-to-be is having twin girls! We decided on onesies, bottles, strollers, and rattles in a variety of colors--including pink, of course!

I'm trying to make orange and purple the new "go-to" colors for girls!

But you still need some pink thrown into the mix.

Everybody loves a baby!


Putting the finishing touches on these cookies got me even more excited about welcoming my own baby girl (thankfully for me--only ONE!) who is due in about three weeks!

1 comment:

  1. Erin! So cute! So I have a question - how do you get the frosting to cover the entire cookie without making a big mess? When I tried I ended up wasting a lot of icing that was puddled around the sides. Also, how long do you wait after you ice the cookie before you decorate it? Your expertise on the matter is very appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete